Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships
Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships are for highly skilled researchers from other Commonwealth countries to spend one or two years at an eligible UK university or higher education institution conducting postdoctoral research.
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the UK, and not based in the UK at the time of application
- Be available to start your fellowship in the UK before 31 March 2018
- Have been awarded your PhD no more than ten years prior to 1 November 2017
- Not have previously held a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship awarded by the CSC
For further details, see the Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships 2017-2018 selection criteria
How to apply
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the Electronic Application System (EAS). Information on how to use the EAS
All applications must be submitted via the EAS by 12.30 (GMT) on 11 December 2017 at the latest.
You must provide the following supporting documentation, which must be received by the CSC by 12.30 (GMT)on 13 December 2017 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- References from at least two individuals. One of these referees must be your PhD supervisor; without a reference from this person (except in exceptional circumstances) your application will be ineligible
- PhD certificate
- Supporting statement from your proposed supervisor in the UK
- Copy of your passport showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship
You must ask three referees to submit a reference on headed paper by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Your EAS number must be included in the subject line of each email. You must also include the name and email address of each of your three referees in your application. When you submit your application, each referee will receive an email reminding them to submit their reference by the deadline above, in case they have not already done so; this email will include a link to your application, which they can view.