DEADLINE: February 1, 2018
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 120 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become changemakers in their home countries.
- The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
- The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School. They cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study period.
- As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- You must be in your final year of high school and not yet have started a post-secondary education
- You must have a very good level of French and English – minimum level B2 (see language requirements)
- You must be nominated by one of the institutions partnered with Sciences Po for the programme (see list of registered partners below)
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and/or service within your community
- You must be able to show that you lack financial means to pursue higher education
Eligible Regions: Sub-Saharan African country
Official Link http://www.sciencespo.fr/students/en